HIV Myths, an interactive session exploring ideas and believes about HIV
Binaries & Boxes (or Not!)
- An interactive session deconstructing sex as a biological concept, gender as social construct, sexual orientation as relationships and sexual behaviour, linked to HIV - 90 minutes HIV & Me - a discussion on prevention of HIV, as an individual, as a partner and as a member of a community - 45 minutes
More about Binaries & Boxes (or Not!) - Understand Human Sexuality - Understand Life! - by Delene van Dyk
- The Binaries & Boxes (or not!) Sensitisation Training is an African based training modality which assists individuals to understand themselves as sexual beings.
- The aim is to deconstruct fixed and linear notions of sexual and gender identity and sexual behaviour and to assist in addressing heteronormativity, reduction of stereotypes, debunking of myths and the and have an increased understanding of HIV risk.
- Through active participation and experiential learning, the four “boxes”
- sex as a biological concept,
- gender as a social construct,
- sexual orientation as more than just sexual attraction,
- and lastly, sexual play, will be focussed on.
A fascinating element of the training is making the linkages between all these concepts, which put a refreshing new light on sexual and gender identity, expression and fluidity.