Who should attend?
- Sales Representatives and Consultants
- Account Managers and Executives
- Business Development Managers
Sales Power Session Topics (90 Minutes each – topics presented as separate sessions)
The foundation for success in sales.
- The foundation for success in sales.
- New thinking in sales.
- Removing the negative stigma of sales.
- The need for a good attitude in sales.
- Become “RAP™” Salespeople. (Responsible, Accountable, Proud).
- 5 Key buying decisions.
- Tips for improving knowledge and skills
- The foundation for success in sales. (Attitude)
- “RAP”® Selling. (Responsible. Accountable. Proud)
- 5 key buying decisions that people make.
- Understanding the importance of YOU in the sale.
Making a good first impression. Communication.
- How to create a good 10 second introduction. (Elevator pitch)
- Get to the point.
- Differentiate yourself from the average “Sales rep”.
- How to effectively communicate your message.
- 3 key elements to communicate your “Attitude” towards what you are doing.
Smart questioning. Listening skills.
- Stop “Telling” and start “Selling”. It’s not about you, it’s about them!
- Using “open ended” questions to establish needs / problems.
- Listening skills. There is a difference between hearing and listening.
- Tips for good listening.
- Identifying buying signals. Be “Sales awake”.
Prospecting. (Part 1)
- Create your “Own economy”. Don’t rely on the economy for success in sales.
- How and where to find new business.
- Internet research. Referrals. Cold calling. Existing customer base.
- Overcoming the fear of rejection.
- Know what you are going to say and how you are going to say it. (Rehearse)
- Be different, don’t sound like everyone else.
- Creating “Campaigns” for prospecting. (Market research. Courtesy call)
- Set a prospecting target. How many per month / per week / per day.
- Don’t rely on sending out e-mails with a load of information (and your fingers crossed) G.O.Y.A and make cold calls, (telephone or walk-in) visit prospects.
- Keep accurate records of your prospecting activities.
Prospecting (Part 2). Dealing with reflex objections.
- How to overcome “Reflex objections” when prospecting.
- Look for solutions not excuses.
- Dealing with the “Gatekeeper”.
- Selling is a numbers driven business. Keep on working, the “Yes’s” will come.
Features and benefits. Presentation. Commitments.
- Know your product / service inside out and backwards!!!
- Understanding the difference between features and benefits.
- Focus on selling benefits. (Tell stories to get customer emotionally connected)
- Benefits = value.
- Be enthusiastic about what you have to offer.
- Presentation. Don’t just sell based on price, create value!
- Get customers to agree on major benefits presented during your presentation.
- Closing is not the issue, it’s what happens before closing that is the issue.
- How to convert interest generated during the presentation into “Action!”
- The difference between “Closing” and “Closing techniques”.
- How to “Ask for the business” (A.4.T.B.)
- 2 simple questions to start the closing process.
- Using closing techniques to find direction and get commitment.