Who should attend?
• Sales Representatives and Consultants
• Account Managers and Executives
• Business Development Managers
Pre-course one day workshop with management: The facilitator will spend a day with management to ascertain the specific requirements and issues that they need to be addressed with their team during the training.
Pre-course assessment: Before commencing with the training a pre-course assessment will be done on all delegates. This DISC assessment will determine the characteristics of the delegates. It will also indicate their personality strengths and weaknesses and will form the basis of the coaching sessions with the individuals.
This assessment will give a good indication of which of the delegates have the characteristics to be an asset to the sales force of the company.
During class times: Role plays, group activities, case studies specific to the company’s environment.
Homework: Delegates will be expected to complete a Portfolio of Evidence after each session. This Portfolio will constitute open book questions and answers on content covered in class, a case study and extra reading. This will ensure that all topics are truly understood before the next topic is covered.
Coaching: One on one coaching for staff to further entrench topics covered and ensure application of knowledge in the workplace (one hour per delegate).
Feedback reports: Management will receive quarterly feedback reports on each delegate.
Post course evaluation: After successful completion of the course, each delegate will be given half an hour to present their improved sales techniques to a panel of judges (comprised of the facilitator and invitees from the company’s management). During this presentation each delegate will be able to showcase their newly acquired skills with a question and answer session from the panel. This will serve as the final assessment of the delegates and will also be the handover of their framed certificates.
Module 1: Understanding the 4 Personality Types & Effective Communication (1 Day)
We will dissect the 4 personality types the students will encounter on a daily basis, not only at work; which fosters stronger teams, but also at their client’s offices; this will help them better understand their client’s and how to adapt their own behaviours to their client’s to foster stronger working and sales relationships.
DISC Profiles Help You and Your Team:
• Increase your self-knowledge: How you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress and how you solve problems.
• Facilitate better teamwork and minimize team conflict.
• Develop stronger sales skills by identifying and responding to customer styles.
• Manage self and others more effectively by understanding the dispositions and priorities of team members.
• Become more self-knowledgeable, well-rounded and effective.
Effective Communication Skills
• What Is Communication and What Is Effective Communication
• The Communication Process
• Types of Communication
• Non-Verbal Behaviours for Effective Communication
• Barriers to Effective Communication
• Active Listening
• Keys to Effective Listening
• Step for Active Listening and Understanding
• How to Have a Difficult Conversation
Module 2: Introduction to Sales (1 Day)
Introduction to Sales
• Sales Basics
• Laws of Sales Success
• Why People Buy or Don’t Buy
• Sales Funnel
• Sale Process
• Sales Segmentation
• Cold Calling
• Meeting Preparation
• Overcoming Objections
• Features, Advantages and Benefits
• Buying Signals
• Stalling Prospects
• What Your Sales Manager Needs
Module 3: Needs Analysis (1 Day)
• Generally to build a needs analysis one needs the following category of questions. Together we will brainstorm relevant questions in each category.
• Background Questions
• Challenges Questions
• History of Critical Events
• Urgency Questions
• Dreams, Goals and Priorities
• Benefits and Solution
• Who, Where, When, What, How
Needs Analysis Template
As a team we will create a worksheet, which your staff can take to their meetings to ensure they not only capture all the necessary information to make correct recommendations to their client’s, but also to grow their accounts.
Module 4: Customer Service (1 Day)
The Importance of Customer Service
• What is Excellent Customer Service?
• Customer Service Principles to Deliver Excellent Customer Service
• Most Important Elements of Service Delivery According to Customers
• Common Principles in Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
• Do’s of Customer Service
• Customer Service Staff Key Competencies
• How to Resolve and Track Complaints
• Moments of Truth – A Customer Care Process
Internal Customer Care
• Internal Customer Service: Getting Your Organization to Work Together
• Benefits of Exceptional Internal Customer Service
• How to Create Great Teamwork and Avoid Silo’s
• 10 Ingredients for a Highly Effective Team
What Are the New Trends in Customer Service
• New Trends in Customer Care
• The 4 C’s of Customer Care
• The Rater Principle
• Service Standards
• Positive Customer Relationships – 10 Customer Care Tips
Modern Telephone Management Skills
• Telephone Etiquette and Powerful Telephone Tips
• Answering Calls
• Making Calls
• DO’s of Good Telephone Etiquette
• DONT’s of Good Telephone Etiquette
• Zero Tolerance Examples
Module 5: Time, Stress and Conflict Management (1 Day)
Benefits of Time Management
• Why Should I Manage My Time Better
• Basic Principles of Time Management
• Benefits of Time Management
• Identifying Your Own Time Wasters – The Time Management Quiz
Principles and Practical Implementation of Time Management
• How to Prioritise and Delegate Effectively
• Mastering Priorities
• Using the Johari Window Approach
• Develop a Working Plan for Yourself – Make a to Do List
• Advantages of Using a to Do List
• Time Management Tips
• Effective Workstation Management
• 10 Common Time Management Mistakes
Understanding and Managing Stress
• What is Stress?
• How can I Recognise Stress in Myself
• Analyse Your Own Stress Profile
• Methods of Personal Stress Management
• Stress in the Workplace
• Implement a Stress Management Plan
• Breaking Old Patterns and Developing New Mind-Sets
• Stress Management Tips
Coping With Confrontation
• How to Cope With Confrontation
• Managing Anger in Yourself and Others
• Principles to Apply
• How to Calm Down Angry People
• Anger Management Tips: 10 Ways to Tame Your Temper
Module 6: Emotional Intelligence (1 Day)
• What Is Emotional Intelligence
• Origins of the Concept
• The Five Domains of EQ
• The Ability-Based Model
• Characteristics of Emotional Intelligence
• How to Improve Your Emotional Intelligence
Emotional Intelligence, Self-Awareness and Self-Management
• EQ and the Characteristics of a High vs. Low EQ
• What to Do with your Emotions
• Johari Window for Increased EQ
Emotional Intelligence and Inter-Personal Relationships
• Comparison of Sympathy with Empathy
• Practical Empathetic Communication
• The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People®
Module 7: Confidence & Assertiveness (1 Day)
• What Is Confidence?
• Our Self-Concept Affects Our Self-Confidence
• Dealing with Past “Failures” And Low Self-Confidence
• Self-Confidence and Life Skills
• How Can I Project Confidence Even If I Don’t Yet Feel Confident
• How to Create the Right Impression
• Analyse Your Own Levels of Confidence in Various Situations
• High Levels of Self-Confidence Are Important - But Why
• Practical Ways to Enhance Your Confidence
• Factors That Increase Self-Confidence
• Creating a Positive Outlook
• The Top 25 Positive Words and Phrases
• Essential Steps to Increase Your Confidence Levels - How To Ensure You Get What You Want
• The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People®
• What Is Assertiveness?
• Assertive Versus Unassertive and Aggressive Behaviour
• Analyse Your Own Assertiveness Levels - How to Be More Assertive
• How to Turn Aggressive Behaviour into Assertive Behaviour
• Changes You Can Expect From Being Assertive
• How to Manage Conflict in an Assertive Manner
• Essential Steps to Increase Your Levels of Assertiveness
• Key Life Skills -- Self-Assessment
Practical Exercises, Tips and Tools
• How to Communicate Confidently
• How to Have a Difficult Conversation with Your Boss, Colleagues, Friends or Family
• Tips for Being Assertive - How To Become the Person You Want To Be
• Tips That Can Help You Be More Assertive
• How to Deal With Difficult Situations in a Confident, Assertive Manner
Module 8: Negotiation Skills (1 Day)
• What makes a Great Negotiator
• Hard vs. Soft Negotiations
• Negotiation Mistakes
• 6 Steps to Planning a Successful Negotiation
• Negotiation Strategy
• Negotiation Style
Practical application: Delegates will conduct 2 negotiations during the day, each one will be assessed against a set criteria.
Module 9: Presentation Skills (2 Days)
• Making your Presentation “Edutaining”
• Holding your Audience’s Attention
• Building Rapport
• Following the Opening Statement
• Stir Your Audience to Action
• Constructing a Memorable Presentation
• Capturing the Entire Audience
• Make Sense of Your Numbers
Practical application: Delegates will conduct a presentation, each person will be assessed against a set criteria.
Module 10: Key Account Management (1 Day)
Key Account Management
• What is Key Account Management
• Traits of Good Key Account Managers - Knowledge
• 5 Steps of Great Account Management
• Creating an Action Plan
Practical application: Delegates will create an action plan for each of their Key Account’s.