Unit standard 252040
NQF 5, Credits: 8
Who should attend?
- This unit standard is intended for managers in all economic sectors.
- These managers would typically be second level managers such as heads of department, section heads or divisional heads, who may have more than one team reporting to them.
It Is Assumed That Learners Are Competent In
- Communication at NQF Level 4.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 4.
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 4.
Key Concepts of Managerial Finance
- Concept of accounting
- Accounting conventions
- Financial reports
Financial Statements Interpretation And Analysis
- Liquidity ratios
- Profitability ratios
- Types and formats of forecasts
- Factors to be considered during financial forecasting
- Analysis of financial forecasts
Drafting A Budget For A Unit
- Strategic planning and budgeting
- Development of operational plans
- Linking an operational plan and a budget
- Developing a budget for a unit
- Reviewing a draft budget
Supervising Financial Management of A Unit
- Monitoring systems
- Expenditure reports
- Making corrective actions