- Acknowledge that you hit a wall and remind yourself of what you have overcome thus far.
- Identify your reasons why you started or why you wanted to achieve your set out goals in the beginning.
- If you feel down, frustrated or just plain tired, remind yourself that this phase will also pass.
- Sometimes all you need is to relax and regroup your thoughts to refocus.
- Reflect on your day in the evenings and choose to see your accomplishments no matter how small. What you do daily is part of the bigger picture, your end goal.
- Don’t try to be perfect. Rather be as efficient and productive as you can. Strive for continuous improvement.
- Make an active decision to change what you have the power to change and accept that which you can’t change.
- See the problem or obstacle as just another challenge and not as the end of the road and the end of your life or dreams.
- Realise that you learn a lot from failing and that failure makes you grow and more experienced.
- Get some outside motivation. Listen to motivational talks and podcasts, read articles about motivation and find motivation and inspiration from people around you.
It is a very simple rule of “pick up yourself and continue the journey,” because part of self-discovery and growth is only learnt en-route to your goals. No one is responsible for you except you. Start living a life where self-motivation fuels your passion to reach your dreams.
To book motivational workshops, view www.themindspa.co.za or call 010 110 0226/7 because as the title of Dr. Wayne W Dyer’s book suggests – “Live is for Living.”