So if there is a concept that we thought stood out as a warning in general, was to make sure that we build relationships with our co-workers and stakeholders in business that are wholesome and positive:
- Make a good first impression and maintain it. Arriving late or dressing inappropriately shows limited respect or can give a wrong impression.
- Don’t start romantic relationships. Keep your personal and professional life separate.
- Don’t get drunk or misbehave at work functions. This is very unprofessional and people will lose their respect for you.
- Don’t surround yourself with negative people or people who moan about management or every single situation at work.
- Go the extra mile! It’s contagious. Don’t put a price on everything you do, but put in extra effort because you pride yourself on perfecting your work. This rubs off on team members and builds a motivational relationship amongst the team.
Mothers shape the leaders of tomorrow. They have so much to teach us. Only once you are a mom yourself, you will be able to understand that you are actually raising your children for someone else. The Mindspa Institute wishes all the mothers a happy Mother’s Day for 2017. Thank you for all you’ve done to help with soft skills development. We see how each of you forms a part in shaping the future business leaders.