SAQA Qualification ID 57937, NQF Level 1, 120 Credits
The image of organizations and places of work are heavily dependent on the magic makers – those that keep all surfaces clean, bright and hygienic. The role of maintaining the high levels of hygiene and cleaning in any environment has a ripple effect on staff morale and productivity, as well as stakeholder confidence.
The investment into the materials and tools associated with these functions is high and continuous, and therefore it can be concluded that by having trained staff operating these tools would be make good business sense.
The primary purpose of this qualification is to develop the foundational, practical and reflexive competencies required for a career in the Hygiene and Cleaning Services Industry. Central to the qualification is the development of a culture of quality service and professionalism in a cleaning services.
The course designed for this programme has been designed as the first qualification in the learning pathway in the cleaning sector and is suited to the following occupations: contract cleaning services, in-house cleaner, laundry assistant, car wash attendant, garden services, relief cleaner, room attendants, ward hostess, and domestic worker.
Entry requirement Learners accessing this qualification are assumed to be competent in: Communication and Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1 (Grade 7).
- Recognise the importance of a healthy lifestyle by accepting one’s own responsibility for life skills and wellness including HIV/ AIDS
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of cleaning principles according to international class standards and best practice
- Clean generalised areas using cleaning principles according to international class standards and best practice
- Clean ablution areas using cleaning principles according to international class standards and best practice
- Clean floors using cleaning principles according to international class standards and best practice
- Demonstrate knowledge of and apply environmental awareness during the cleaning process
- Understanding health issues and their impact on the quality of life
- Understanding and applying personal financial planning
- Aligning and delivering work output according to requirements and quality principles
- Use of chemicals according to requirements and safety principles
- Meeting service level expectations
- Cleaning above the floor surfaces inside a building according to the surface type
- Cleaning exterior areas according to the surface type
- Cleaning small kitchens according to the surface type
- Cleaning toilets and urinals according to the surface type
- Cleaning baths, showers and basins according to the surface type
- Cleaning restrooms fixtures and fittings according to the surface type
- Cleaning hard floors according to the surface type
- Cleaning resilient floors according to the surface type
- Cleaning textile floors according to the surface type
- Management of waste according to environmental principles